Mountbet’s information security system will use its best endeavours to ensure that privacy of all personal information the customer chooses to provide Mountbet with is duly protected. Personal information is any information about the customer and may include customer’s first name, family name, address and other personal details, payment card details, information about any transaction with Mountbet, including account transfer and any other information the customer may choose to supply Mountbet with.
Collection of Personal Information on Mounbet’s website
The customer can submit personal information on Mountbet’s website in two areas:
- Public area, and
- Private area.
The customer will be asked to provide personal information in the public area to open his Mountbet account. This information will include the customer’s name, age and address and may include other personal information.
Private Area is used by those who are already Mountbet´s customers, i.e. have already opened an account with Mountbet. To login to the account the customer will be asked to use his password – session cookies may be used to leave and re-enter your account without remembering customer’s password. For more details please refer to the Cookies Policy.
Monitoring of Personal Information on Mountbet’s website
In the interest of ensuring a high quality of Mountbet’s services we may monitor and/or record any communication between customers and Mountbet whether in writing, by email, through our site or by phone. The email communication will not be encrypted. Any transmission of information will be at customer´s sole risk.
The customer hereby consents to the monitoring and recording of this information.
Use of Personal Information
Mountbet will process personal information the customer provides to allow the customer access and make use of Mountbet´s website, to allow the customer to participate in the services offered, to administer your account, to maintain Mountbet’s accounts and records, to monitor website usage levels and the quality of the service Mountbet provides the customer with and to inform the customer, from time to time, about services or products that Mountbet consider may interest the customer and for other related purposes. If the customer does not wish to receive future marketing, promotional or sales material the customer may notify Mountbet that no further material shall be sent to the customer by using contact details available on the site. Customer’s contact details will be removed from Mountbet’s marketing databases as soon as reasonably practicable upon receipt of the removal request.
Customer’s personal and other information may be retained and analysed it for the purpose of investigation of any actual or suspected criminal activity or any threat to the integrity of any event on our website and/or breaches of the rules of that event as determined by the relevant governing or other body, including sports bodies.
The purposes for which we may use your data include:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- Service administration purposes
- Statistical analysis
- Marketing – see “Marketing and opting out” below
- Fraud prevention and detection
- To notify you of any changes to this website or our service which may affect you
- Security vetting
- Improving our services
- Complying with legal and/or regulatory obligations
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary)
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see below)
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies or as described below where there is offensive or inappropriate content on the website. Generally we will only use your information within mountbet.com; however sometimes we may use third parties to process your information (e.g. providers of web hosting, maintenance services, security, credit agencies). We may also use third parties to carry out checks on devices you use in accessing our Services for risk vetting and your own protection. Vetting may involve placing a cookie or other file on your device to collect and process technical data on your device. To the extent that such third parties are data processors, we will require those third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and we will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes. We may also share your personal data with our business partners for marketing purposes as detailed below.
All rights relating to the recording of customer’s personal information shall be the property of Mountbet.
Storage of Personal Data
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal data, We will, however, always use every reasonable effort to ensure sufficient protections are in place to safeguard your personal data. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
In order to ensure fair and transparent processing, we will, taking into account our processing activities, adopt appropriate procedures for the processing of personal data, which shall include implementing technical and organisational measures which take into account the harm that may be suffered, and correct inaccuracies identified in personal data processed, so that risk of errors are minimised and your personal data is processed in a fair and secure manner.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of personal information if required
Mountbet may transfer or disclose customer’s personal information, for the purposes above, to any company within its group within the meaning of [Section 1159 of Companies Act 2006], or subject to appropriate agreement to third parties, for processing of personal information on Mountbet´s behalf. From time to time, Mountbet may retain third parties to process customers´ personal information for the purposes above and such processing will be governed by a lawful contract.
Where required by law, the personal information may also have to be disclosed to governmental, enforcement or regulatory authority, such as Mountbet´s regulators and/or sports governing federations and other governing bodies, including for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime or where there are reasonable grounds to suspect that you may have been involved in breach of law or rules of sports governing bodies, had knowledge of such or customer’s conduct may pose a threat to sports integrity.
It may be necessary or required by law to disclose customer´s personal information to bodies or entities located outside of the EU, each time in accordance with appropriate organisational, security and technical standards.
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to the way we process your personal data. These are set out below. You may contact us using the details on our site to exercise any of these rights, and we will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
- A right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected
- A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.
- A right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for eg.): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data.
- A right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you where the processing of such data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest. As most of our processing is conducted in order to perform a contract between you and us and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, this right will not be available in most circumstances.
- A right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Where you exercise this right, we will no longer be able to provide you with access to our product and services.
- A right for you not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated process, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- In certain circumstances, a right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation, at your request.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone or chat conversations and email) for the purpose of quality assurance, fraud prevention and compliance.
We may also monitor your deposit and/or gambling patterns in accordance with our responsible gambling and social responsibility obligations.
As a customer, you explicitly consent to Mountbet processing and disclosing your personal information and other data, as explained above or in Mountbet´s General Terms and Conditions, by registering with Mountbet or logging onto your account on Mountbet´s website.
If the customer wishes to qualify, vary, modify or limit customer’s consent in relation to marketing communications or in circumstances where any processing of customer’s data is likely to cause damage or distress or such other circumstances as the law allows then you may do so by notifying us in writing by using Mountbet´s contact details on the site.
Using your information in accordance with Data Protection Laws
- Mountbet is obliged to comply with applicable guidance provided by any relevant regulatory body and has obligations under applicable legislation, including gambling, betting and gaming law and anti-money laundering/fraud legislation. In particular, we will need to process your personal information to verify your identity, establish your age and your source of funds for the purposes of combatting money laundering, fraud, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption, tax evasion, the provision of financial or other services to persons who may be subject to economic or trade sanctions and to establish whether you have self-excluded from using our services (or those of other gambling operators). Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up / as you use our site or services, will unfortunately mean we cannot provide our services to you, as to allow you to use our service would mean we would be in breach of our legal obligations. You will not be able to object to processing or ask for the deletion of your personal information insofar as it falls under this category.
- When you enter into a transaction with us, a contract between you and us will have been entered into. In order for us to fulfil our obligations under such contract (e.g. to allow you to place a bet and pay out winnings), we will need to collect and process your personal information. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up and financial information on entering into the transaction or objecting to this type of processing / exercising your deletion rights will unfortunately mean we cannot provide our services to you. This will also be the case where you (as a sole trader) or the business you work for has entered into a contract with us and we need to process your information in order to manage and administer such contract.
- We may send you marketing messages across our platforms such as email, text messages, telephone, direct mail, social media, inbox messaging, push notifications about us and our site, services and offers where you have not unsubscribed or managed through the preference centre, and where you have placed a bet or purchased other services from us. We provide easy ways to stop our marketing, and you can opt out at any time. If you are not a customer of ours but have provided us with consent to use your details for marketing purposes, then we may also contact you about our site, services and offers. If you have confirmed that you would like to hear from us about other party’s goods and services then we will use your details to contact you with marketing information about such party’s goods and services. If you have confirmed that you would like to hear directly from a third party (including other members of our Group) about such party’s goods and services then we will share your details with such third party so they can contact you about their goods and services. In each of the situations above, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and can object to processing of this nature. Where you consent to us sending you marketing information, we will treat this as lasting for 24 months unless we tell you otherwise at the time. We may also use consent as a basis for processing some of your personal information in respect of job applications, for example in carrying out criminal records checks. In some cases, we may do this without your consent if it is necessary for a particular role.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The customer may at any time request a copy of his personal information held by Mountbet.
This policy was last reviewed and updated: 2nd December 2020